Happy Holidays everyone…Sarah here. Today I'm really excited to share with you a tutorial on how to create accordian flowers for your craft projects using the Kreaxions circle cutter and a Kreaxions punch of your choice.
1. Use your circle cutter and simply set it to the size of your choice, this will be the base of your flower. Cut a 12" long strip of coordinating paper half the width of the size you would like your flower to be….for example, if you would like to create a 4" wide flower then cut the strip of paper 12" long by 2" wide.
2. Punch along one edge of your strip of paper with the Kreaxions punch of your choice.
3. Fold your punched strip of paper back and forth in an accordian style until the entire strip of paper has been folded…I fold mine into pleats about 1/4" of an inch wide. TIP: The width of each pleat will be how far this flower sticks out from your project so if you like scrapbook pages/cards/altered art that tends to be more flat then make your pleats thinner, if you like chunky embellishments then you can make them as wide as mine.
4. Add adhesive to each end of the folded strip and attach ends together. Once the ends have been attached you can adhere the accordian flower to the circle base you created with your Kreaxions circle cutter. TIP: I like to sit a slightly heavy object (like my punch) on top of the accordian flower for a minute or two while the adhesive is drying to help it stay in place.
5. Add a decorative embellishment to the center of your accordian flower to give it a more finished look. You can use products such as: brads, buttons, twine, ribbon, flowers, pearls, etc.
And here is my finished layout…
Supplies: Paper: Momenta, Alphabet: Momenta, Flowers: Precocious Paper, Pearls: Prima, Die Cuts: Cricut Cindy Loo Cartridge, Bling: Studio18, Border Punch: Martha Stewart (EK Success)
Kreaxions Punches Used: #604 Butterfly, #602 Leaf, #305 4 in 1 punch
Have a wonderful weekend! -Sarah
6 thoughts on “Accordian Flower Tutorial”
that is simple fabulous.. love the punched edge on the flower.. looks amazing on the LO.. great design and colouring. … congrats Sarah
Sarah – this is awesome!! Thank you!!
Ur Tutorial is simple and very interesting too,That flower look Amazing,I think i can use pearls to give a better finishing….http://www.vivamagonline.com Pretty Perfect layout , Let me try this out…You too Have a wonderful weekend….
Oooh, that punch looks awesome! Gonna have to check that one out! Thanks for the inspiration!
LOVE IT!!! I’m so hooked on these flowers right now…going to try this 🙂